The PGA Tour Canada has set its schedule for 2014.
The tour’s second season will include a dozen $150,000 events, with the race for Web.com Tour status for five players going coast-to-coast from May to September.
The season will begin with the PC Financial Open, a new event from May 26 to June 1 at Point Grey Golf and Country Club in Vancouver and conclude at the Tour Championship of Canada presented by Freedom 55 Financial from Sept. 8 to 15 at Sunningdale Golf and Country Club in London.
After kicking off the season in Vancouver, the tour heads to Victoria for the 32nd playing of the Bayview Place Island Savings Open presented by Times Colonist from June 2 to 8 at Uplands Golf Club.
Following an off week, the tour will resume at the Syncrude Boreal Open presented by AECON from June 16 through 22 at Fort McMurray Golf Club in Fort McMurray.
The SIGA Dakota Dunes Open presented by SaskTel will mark the first of three events in as many weeks, returning to Dakota Dunes Golf Links outside Saskatoon from June 30 to July 6, followed by The Players Cup from July 7 through 13 at Pine Ridge Golf Club in Winnipeg and the inaugural Thunder Bay Golf Classic from July 14 to 20 at Whitewater Golf Club in Thunder Bay.
After the Thunder Bay event, the top three players on the PGA Tour Canada Order of Merit will earn exemptions into the RBC Canadian Open on the PGA Tour.
The season will resume when the ATB Financial Classic moves to new dates from July 28 through Aug. 3 at Sirocco Golf Club in Calgary.
Players will then compete at the inaugural Forces and Families Open, a new event supporting the men and women of the Canadian Armed Forces and their families from Aug. 4 through 10 at Hylands Golf Club in Ottawa.
The 2014 season will make an exciting run to the finish with four events in four weeks, starting with The Great Waterway Classic at Loyalist Golf and Country Club just outside of Kingston from Aug. 18 through 24, followed by The Wildfire Invitational presented by PC Financial from August 25 to 31 outside Peterborough, where the top 128 players on the Order of Merit will compete in a unique pro-am format.
The Tour then travels to Nova Scotia for the Cape Breton Celtic Classic presented by PC Financial from Sept. 1 through 7 at The Lakes Golf Club outside Sydney.
The 2014 season will conclude by returning to Sunningdale Golf and Country Club for the Tour Championship of Canada presented by Freedom 55 Financial. The event happens from Sept. 8 through 14 and concludes the race for the five Web.com Tour spots.
Here is the 2014 PGA Tour Canada Schedule:
- May 26-June 1 - PC Financial Open Vancouver, BC
- June 2-8 - Bayview Place Island Savings Open presented by Times Colonist, Victoria, BC
- June 16-22 - Syncrude Boreal Open presented by AECON, Fort McMurray, AB
- June 30-July 6 - SIGA Dakota Dunes Open presented by SaskTel, Saskatoon, SK
- July 7-13 - The Players Cup, Winnipeg, MB
- July 14-20 - Thunder Bay Golf Classic, Thunder Bay, ON
- July 28-Aug. 3 - ATB Financial Classic, Calgary, AB
- Aug. 4-10 - Forces and Families Open, Ottawa, ON
- Aug. 18-24 - The Great Waterway Classic, Kingston, ON
- Aug. 25-31 - The Wildfire Invitational presented by PC Financial, Peterborough, ON
- Sept. 1-7 - Cape Breton Celtic Classic presented by PC Financial, Syndey, NS
- Sep. 8-14 - Tour Championship of Canada presented by Freedom 55 Financial, London, ON