December 31, 2013
Be careful this year as you bring in the New Year by following these helpful tips-
- Don't leave cats or dogs outside in the weather- the fireworks, loud noises, and even the cold can cause them to panic.
- Make sure your guests know you have pets, and make sure they don't tease, try to abuse, or overly indulge your pets. You don't want to have to worry about a dog bite out of anxiety (especially around children).
- Keep alcohol and 'people food' (treats, snacks, etc) out of reach. Cats and dogs especially are prone to get curious, knock over these things, or worse yet, try them. You'd be surprised how many animals will lap up alcohol.
- If you are planning on partying the night away, make sure your pets are in a safe place first. Alcohol and pet care-giving don't mix.
- As the ball drops, make sure your pets are indoors. Fireworks and noisemakers are going to make them panic.