New Jersey recently elected Newark mayor Cory Booker to the Senate, which definitely qualifies as a feather in his political cap! But he may not be aware of a new honor: PETA has named him as the nation's Hottest Vegetarian Senator in an October 19 announcement.
PETA previously nominated Cory for its Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity award. (Ironically, that was won by Dax Shepard, who subsequently had to decline because he eats chicken.) Why choose him for this new honor?
The organization noted that Cory has walked his vegetarian talk by:
- rescuing a dog left outside in freezing rain
- eating vegetarian on food stamps for a week
- built a new animal shelter in honor of a tortured pit bull
And Men's Health magazine reports that Cory lost 40 pounds by following his now famous vegetarian food plan. A sample day in the new Senator's life:
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with peppers and onions
- Snack: Red delicious apple
- Lunch: Spinach and cauliflower
- Snack: Chocolate Peanut Butter Zone bar
- Dinner: Raw carrots, cucumbers and bell peppers