Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is fast approaching. Before the Holiday gets too busy you may want to figure out how to get those cute pet photos with Santa. There are many places offering pet photos with Santa around Gainesville, Florida this season. Most businesses offer pet photos with Santa to help raise money for local non-profit pet organizations in the area. So, not only are you getting a great keepsake, you are also helping other animals in the community. Here are some tips when taking your pet to visit Santa:
- Find a Pet Friendly place to take your pet. Here are a list of the businesses and organizations that are offering pet photos with Santa in Gainesville, Florida:
- Sweet Paws Bakery – From 10:00AM to 1:00PM on December 14th Santa will be stopping by for pictures! Pets Are Wonderful Support (P.A.W.S.) will be taking donations for pictures with Santa. There will be Giveaways and Snacks for Pets and their people.
- Earth Pets - From 11:00AM to 3:00PM on December 7th and 21st you can bring your fuzzy boys and girls to Earth Pets for a 5’’x7” memorable photo ($12.50) with the jolly ol’ elf himself!
- Oaks Veterinary Hospital - From 9:00AM to 1:30PM on December 21st bring your pet in for holiday pet portraits. $10 cash deposit is required to hold your time slot and is put toward the picture package.
- Hilltop Animal Hospital – From 12:00PM to 2:00PM on December 7th bring your pet to Hilltop Animal Hospital for photos with Santa. People and children may also be in the photos with their animal companions, if space allows.
- The Oaks Mall – Starting at 6:00PM on December 2nd, 9th, and 16th your four-legged family member (dogs and cats ONLY!) can visit Santa for a waggin’ good time.
- Petco – From 9:00AM to 5:00PM on December 7th and 14th you can bring you pet to Petco for their Photos with Santa event. Proceeds from your $8.95 donation will go to the Petco Foundation to help support animals in need.
- PetSmart – From 11:00AM to 4:00PM on December 7th and 14th bring your own camera to snap your pet’s picture with Santa and donate $5 to benefit Animal People, a local animal welfare group.
- Keep your pet on a leash or in a carrier. There are bound to be long lines as you wait to see Santa with your pet. You will want to keep your pet safe from other animals and under control while you wait. Get there as soon as the doors open to avoid long wait times.
- Bring your own props. Holiday accessories can add a special touch to your photo. Before the photo, let your pet get comfortable with any special holiday accessories you want to use. As you wait in line get your pet ready before his/her turn.
- Bring your pet’s favorite toy. A favorite toy can help get your pet’s attention and ease their anxiety for the photo. It also gives your pet something to play with as you both wait.
- Bring treats for your pet. There will be lots of people and other animals to see and sniff; you will want to make sure that your pet has a reason to behave. Be sure to reward your pet for good behavior and to help make this a positive experience for him or her. Reward your pet for waiting his/her turn, sitting on command, seeing Santa, etc.
Following these helpful tips can make it fun and safe for all. Pet photos make excellent keepsakes and holiday cards. So don’t let the opportunity pass you by! Get out this holiday season with your pet and have an adventure! If you know of other places around town where pets can visit Santa, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .