Some days all you want to cook is something simple and easy. Something that tastes good, but only takes you a few minutes to throw together. This is that recipe.
This is basically a one dish meal (if you don't count having to cook the pasta beforehand.) And there are only 5 ingredients, some even already prepped for you! Such as the pancetta, which you can buy already diced. And the greens, which are salad greens but are also wonderful cooked. And practically every market has fresh packaged pasta.
If you can't find pesto tortelonni, use a plain tortelonni or tortelinni. The only difference between tortelonni and tortelinni is size. Tortelonni are bigger.
This pasta would be just as good using only baby spinach, or even arugula. Try different variations until you find the one that you like the best.
Pesto Tortelonni with Pancetta and Greens
- 1 4 ounce package fresh pesto tortelloni
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 10 ounce package organic mixed baby kale, baby chard and baby spinach
- ½ cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the pancetta until crispy and cooked through. Remove the pancetta from the pan, set aside.
- Drain all but a tablespoon of fat from the pan.
- Add the greens, stirring often. Cook 1 - 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Add the wine, reserved tortelonni and pancetta. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes, or until the wine is almost completely evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter pieces.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)