i delare! charms photo
Celebrate being a runner...and show off your your marathons or any other race accomplishments with personalized charms for bracelets and necklaces. These aren't your basic generic charms, these are hand made and not only that, they're made right here in Boise, Idaho by a company called i declare! charms.
I happened to be at the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n Roll Arizona runner's expo on January 16, 2010 and came across i declare! charms' booth and noticed a "Robie Creek 13.1" charm pictured on their display banner and when I commented on it, the gal working there (named Annette) said she was from Boise, Idaho. I was surprised and just thought how great it was to see someone from my neck of the woods and also how AWESOME it was that she has this great business and wonderful product for all of us runners.
I don't know about you, but I love buying charms for my marathons and other races to show off my racing accomplishments on a charm bracelet. There have been times when I couldn't find the right charm to represent a race and if I had known that i delcare! charms existed, I would have been able to get exactly what I wanted immediately and save myself from endless searching for the right charm. You don't have to limit it to running charms either, you can celebrate anything you want on one of their charms because it is personalized by you and custom made exactly the way you want it. Isn't this a great idea?
Another great way to celebrate your races is to have a custom bag made out of your race numbers and t-shirts. Some months ago I made myself a really cool tote bag out of my own race numbers and t-shirts (pictured below) and I have gotten a huge response from people who see it (like from Annette at i declare! charms) and they usually want one so I decided to start a business and sell them so others could have their own AWESOME custom made bag.
My custom tote bag (ironmancab's photo)
We don't usually wear our marathon medals or carry our race hardware (ribbons & trophies) around after a race and we have race numbers & t-shirts galore that are gathering dust that we don't know what to do with...so why not put them to good use and show off your race accomplishments on a custom bag? That's exactly what I did and other runners, duathletes and triathletes who see it...just love it and want one. I have created a website (products and shopping cart currently still under construction) for my new business"Races R My Bag" and you'll be able to order your own custom bag in about two weeks once I get my product line and shoppng cart complete and ready to launch. Until then, gather up your race numbers and t-shirts and get ready to order your bag!
I am a runner, it is who I am...it is my biggest passion and I'm excited to share my experiences, training and everything I love about it in person and in this column. I hope I can inspire you and help you reach your goals and when you do...share it with the world on your special personalized charm or on your own custom bag. Celebrate who you are!
Happy running everyone :)
IF YOU'D LIKE TO RECEIVE MY WEEKLY ARTICLES, SUBSCRIBE TO MY COLUMN AND RECEIVE THEM AUTOMATICALLY IN YOUR EMAIL BOX.
You might also enjoy these:
- Runner's nutrition part 1: What are the roles of fats, proteins and carbohydrates in the body?
- Runner's nutrition part 2: A complete look at vitamins and the roles vitamins play in the body
- Runner's nutrition part 3: A complete look at the major minerals and trace minerals
- You're out on your run and nature calls: Don't get caught with your pants down
- Injury prevention in running
- IT Band Syndrome: What is it and how to prevent it
- Got shin splints from running? See a slide show on what stretches and exercised to do to avoid them
- So you want to start running?
- It's national puppy day today and if you're looking for a running companion, dogs are great
- Be a coach for Girls on the Run and inspire, encourage and empower girls through running
- Bored with the same old running route? New scenery is always a great motivator
- Top running websites: All of your running needs right here in one location, look no further
- Listening to music is a great running motivator
- Keeping a runners log is smart training
- Runner's jargon: Fartlek, lactate threshold, LSD; what do all these runner's terms mean?
- Running in the ice got you slipping and sliding? Learn how to stud your running shoes
- Choose to be a friendly runner not a snobby runner
- Running for chocolates and wine are the motivation of one Idaho runner: Mary Bolen
- Runners train the grueling course for Boise's top race
- Runners race the recession blues away in The Race to Robie Creek 2009
- Runner's training tip #1: The stages of change
- Runner's training tip #2: The importance of setting a goal and how to accomplish it
- Runner's training tip #3: How to structure your training
- Runner's training tip #4: Running yourself ragged? Rest should be at the top of your list
- Runner's training tip #5: In order to be a fast runner you have to train faster
- Runner's training tip #6: How is your running form? What to look for in good running form
- Runner's training tip #7: Two great ways to prevent blisters
- Runner's training tip #8: Preventing side stitches