While perusing through another favorite pastime (Pinterest), I came across an excellent tutorial on building a personal brand. For those of you who are not familiar with the concept of personal branding, it is basically the way in which you present yourself to others. Just like the businesses that you see advertising in magazines, commercials, and the like, you each have your own brand to use in marketing yourselves to everyone you meet and interact with.
When looking to for a new job or launching your own business, personal branding is an essential skill to master. Knowing how to do this and do it well allows you to better communicate your strengths and skills to potential employers, partners, and clients. It is also the best way to ensure that you stand out among the other faces in the crowd.
This tutorial, provided by the Goodwill Community Foundation through LearnFree.org, will walk you through personal branding basics. The topics included in the module are:
- Overview of Personal Branding
- Steps to Building a Strong Personal Brand
- Components of your Online Presence (including Google, email, personal websites and blogs, and social media)
- Components of your Offline Presence (including the elevator pitch, business cards and resumes, wardrobe, and attitude and personality)
- Steps for Maintaining your Brand
Overall, that this training module is both informative and useful – there are interactive components, and it is relatively short, ensuring that you will not become bored or tired with the content. This is an essential concept for anyone looking to enter into the job market, change jobs, or launch a career as an entrepreneur. Please take some time to look at the link below, and let me know what you think!