Internet marketing is a great way to promote yourself and your product or service. It can be simple and easy to implement but requires one key ingredient: Persistence.
Here are some tips to get you started.
- Advertising plays a clear role in internet marketing. Make sure you advertise your business with a targeted, focused plan. You can buy banner ads, classified ads or use e-zine advertising. Investing your money wisely in advertising is a great way to generate short term business that will help you in the long run.
- Use article marketing. People are always searching online for informational articles about topics that interest them. Teach your potential customers something new or tell them a story, and they will want to click through to your website to learn more. Publish your articles on a regular, consistent basis on a major site such as ezinearticles.com
- Check your stats! Great Internet marketing requires an analytical mind to a certain extent, so be prepared to keep track of what yours are! Familiarize yourself with numbers and percentages dealing with site rankings, traffic numbers, click rates, and other numerical trackers. Google Analytics is a great place to start.
- Link all of your online sites and social media. If you have a Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ page, make sure all of these are linked to your website and vice versa. According to StatisticBrain.com, over 1.4 billion people use the top rated social media site, Facebook. That is only ONE of the many sites! Tap this audience on a persistent basis.
- Build a media or 'PR' web page on your website that showcases newsworthy information regarding your company. Journalists are always looking for story angles and your job is to make it easier for your company to be the story. By giving the media a jumpstart via a media page, you have a greater chance of the story being about your brand. Be sure to have a download section that includes your company's logo and important company imagery.
These are just five tips you can use to promote your business on the internet. If you use them persistently, you will soon see your website at the top of the search engine results.