If you--or someone you know--enjoys snacking on jerky, then Perky Jerky has an entire line of products that may be of interest to you. What makes Perky Jerky different from other brands of jerky on the market? Well, for starters, it doesn't contain the the nitrites, preservatives and added MSG* that other brands so often contain. One ingredient stands out and makes Perky Jerky a more unique snacking option above all others-guarana. Guarana contains caffeine, so as you snack on Perky Jerky, you can a little boost in your energy level.
Perky Jerky claims to be the best tasting jerky you'll get your hands on, and I am inclined to agree. I was recently sent a sample to try and was hesitant at first because jerky products tend to dry and tough to chew. I love jerky, but hate the way my jaw feels after eating it. Perky Jerky is different-it truly is tender and so much easier to eat than other brands. The meat used in Perky Jerky is marinated overnight and that difference really shines through in both the taste and texture of the final product.
Perky Jerky offers 4 flavors (Original, Teriyaki, Hot and Bothered and Sweet and Spicy) of jerky available in both beef and turkey for a total of eight different snacking options, depending on your craving. Perky Jerky describes as follows:
- Original Beef This is the Original Beef Perky Jerky – the one that started it all. This all natural jerky is made from tender cuts of beef. Marinated overnight it has a rich, delicious peppery flavor with a hint of soy sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice. This is the most tender, ultra premium jerky out there, and the only one that will leave you begging for more.
- Original Turkey Think turkey is bland and boring? Not this one. Original Turkey Perky Jerky is loaded with flavor. Tender cuts of turkey marinate overnight in an all natural blend of ingredients giving it a rich, delicious peppery flavor with a hint of soy sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice. After the first bite, you’ll be hooked.
- Teriyaki Beef Get ready because all natural Teriyaki Beef Perky Jerky will make your mouth happy. Tender cuts of beef marinate overnight in a delicious blend of pineapple, soy sauce and ginger. Your taste buds will say Arigatō. (Teriyaki Turkey has the same description).
- Hot and Bothered Get that glass of milk ready because this is going to be a hot one! All natural, Hot & Bothered Beef Perky Jerky will kick you in the pants. Tender cuts of beef marinate overnight in a spicy mixture of peppers and garlic. Each bite will send you in a whirlwind of flavor. (Hot and Bothered Turkey has the same description).
- Sweet and Spicy Need some naughty and nice in your life? All natural Sweet & Spicy Beef Perky Jerky will give you the best of both worlds. Tender cuts of beef marinate overnight in a sweet jalapeño mixture. The combination of flavors will dance on your taste buds. (Sweet and Spicy Turkey has the same description).
The sample I received was the Teriyaki Beef and I enjoyed every last morsel of it. First of all, let me publicly state that I am very fussy when it comes to teriyaki flavored anything. So many food manufacturers get it wrong-it's either too sweet, too salty or just plain weird! Perky Jerky gets it right with the perfect blend of pineapple, soy sauce and ginger. It's a little sweet and a little savory with a nice spicy zing from the ginger. My taste buds weren't saying "Arigatō", instead, they were begging for more.
After years of shying away from jerky snacks because I don't like having a tired jaw and sore teeth after eating it, I am thrilled to be able to eat jerky once again! If the other flavors of Perky Jerky are as good as the sample I received, I see myself eating a lot more of it in the future. These tender cuts of meat drenched in flavor have me hooked. If you would like to learn more about Perky Jerky, visit their website, Facebook page or Twitter feed for more details. It can be purchased locally at Pilot Travel Centers, Meijer, Target and Home Depot or you can purchase directly from Perky Jerky through their online store.