Employee performance reviews and evaluations are dwindling rapidly at a time when employees are becoming increasingly dissatisfied with their job. According to Bersin and Associates 70 percent of companies stopped doing annual performance reviews by 2011, up from 60 percent in 2008. And the trend continues to grow.
Most companies are replacing the annual evaluation with coaching and development models. But these models require management and peers to be proficient in coaching and have interpersonal communication skills.
This trend is feeding another trend that regards job satisfaction. Accenture surveyed 29 countries to find 58 percent of employees are dissatisfied with their job. However 70 percent of these unhappy workers plan to stay in current job.
Additional workplace culture resources
- Culture Bridges are a look at the contents of the character within each of us. Information is contained on more than 20 different categories of culture.
- Cultural Faux Pas is an interesting quiz about marketing mistakes made by others.
- Culture Quizzes allow you to test your cultural IQ with fun and informative quizzes.
Leading workplace culture books
- Performance Culture provides a simplified approach to create a company culture that has proven to work
- The Great Workplace shows how to build and keep a great workplace and the benefits of doing so.
- Change the Culture, Change the Game offers a breakthrough strategy for energizing an organization and creating accountability for top results.