With Thanksgiving just around the corner, you may be starting to get a taste for turkey. Turkey can be a bit expensive though, and a bit laborious for an everyday meal. A roasted chicken is a great alternative.
Little known fact: Roasted chicken doesn't necessarily have to come from the deli counter at Ralph's. One whole chicken plus fifteen minutes of prep time, and one and a half hours in the oven will can equal one fantastic meal. Just follow these easy steps below.
Perfectly Roasted Chicken
3.5 - 4 pound whole chicken
3 sprigs thyme
1 sprigs of rosemary
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
4-5 sage leaves
1 lemon, quartered
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove chicken from packaging, and rinse cavity thoroughly.
- Dry chicken inside and out with papertowels
- Stuff cavity with lemon, thyme, garlic, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper
- Rub skin with olive oil, season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Truss chicken legs together with twine and tuck wing tips underneath bird.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes to brown skin
- Then bake at 350 degrees 20 minutes per pound.
- When the time is elapsed, temp check at the thigh of the bird.
- It should be 165 degrees internally or darn close (160 degrees at the least)
- Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.