Baking mixes may not exemplify culinary sophistication, but they can save you a lot of time and, more often than not, they're delicious. Leaving the majority of the work to the box can also be helpful if you’re not terribly confident about your cooking abilities and you’re in need of guaranteed success come brunch-time.
As Fall makes it’s chilly presence known in New York, peach season is winding down, so take advantage of this delightful refreshing fruit while it’s still available.
These delectable peach pancakes are made using Aunt Jemima’s Complete Pancake Mix, and they’re incredibly fast and easy to prepare. Peaches aren’t always thought of as a go-to pancake ingredient, but they should be. Adding peach makes the pancakes taste lighter and gives them a wonderful texture. Often pancakes can feel heavy or overly flour-y, but between the fruit and the cinnamon, these breakfast treats will fill you up without weighing you down.
Ingredients for 6-7 pancakes:
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima Complete Pancake Mix (A small box is usually around $2.00)
- 3/4 cup water (Add a little more if you like your pancakes flatter)
- 1/2 medium peach, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Heat a tablespoon of butter over low-medium heat in a skillet.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together just until combined; this helps the pancakes retain their fluffiness.
3. Ladle a large spoonful of the mix into the skillet, cook for 1-2 minutes or until the cakes are golden-brown on each side.
4. Add syrup, whipped cream & and any other topping you’d like.
5. Serve, and if you plan on pretending you made these from scratch, be sure to hide the box!