We all want time to enjoy the holiday and be with those who make our lives that much more special. This is the first in a three part series of Perfect Christmas cocktails.
Egg Nog the right way
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 tsp superfine sugar
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 oz Mount Gay rum
- 2 dashes of grated cinnamon and nutmeg for garnish
1. Separate the egg into two bowls.
2. Beat the yolk until stiff.
3. Beat the white with 1 tsp. sugar until peaks form.
4. Slowly fold the white and yolk together.
5. Separately, beat the cream with the almond, vanilla, and 1 tsp. sugar in a bowl until stiff.
6. fold in the cream with the egg mixture.
7. Add Mt. Gay and stir gently.
8. Refrigerate overnight, or serve immediately over ice in a punch glass or martini glass.
9. Garnish with grated nutmeg and cinnamon.
Candy Cane Cocktail
3/4 oz SKYY Berry vodka
3/4 oz Peppermint Schnapps
3/4 oz white Crème de Cacao
1/4 oz grenadine
1 candy cane
half and half
1. Pour the vodka, Peppermint Schnapps, white Creme de Cacao and grenadine into a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake well.
3. Pour into a cocktail glass rimmed with crushed peppermint candy.
4. Fill with half and half.
5. Top with a splash of soda water.
6. Garnish with a candy cane and serve.
9 oz VeeV Açaí Spirit
9 oz red wine
9 oz strawberry pureé or pomegranate juice
9 oz cranberry juice
fresh fruit for garnish
1. Build in an ice-filled pitcher and stir well.
2. Garnish with fresh fruit, serve.