Social media and networking are changing the way people around the world communicate and privacy is no longer what it used to be. The PeopleSmart College Scholarship Contest is a $2500 award given to the student that best tackles the subject of social networking and privacy in the 21st century and what it means to the current generation of high school students. There are three essay questions to choose from. Here are the details:
- Open to students currently enrolled in a public or private high school (9-12th grade)
- Students must a U.S. citizen or permanent residents of the United States
- The essay must be 500-750 words and written in English
- The essay must include at least one piece of supporting evidence cited in MLA format
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated and will lead to immediate disqualification
- Submissions are being accepted until April 30th, 2014, 11:59 pm PST
An exciting twist to this scholarship opportunity is that there are actually two different ways to win money for college. The PeopleSmart Creativity Award of $500 is given to the student who best responds to one of the essay questions with an original self-produced video, photo, or infographic. Students can pick their method of answering the question of their choice and submit the entire scholarship application online.
To read the complete list of requirements and to apply for the scholarship, click here:
What does online privacy mean to you? Let's discuss this important topic in the comments section below!