On Wednesday, January 8, the 2014 People’s Choice Awards red carpet was full of actress’ in gorgeous dresses, and others were in dresses that should have never made it out of the closet. A few actresses went with unconventional dresses that turned out surprisingly well, at least for a few.
The 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards were held at the Nokia Theatre L.A. live on January 8 in Los Angeles, California. Almost as important as the awards handed out, seeing who was wearing what on the red carpet drew millions of viewers.
Check out the slideshow to see all of the good, the bad and the ugly dresses!
Actresses who made the cut in their gorgeous gowns:
- Singer, actress and American Idol alum Jennifer Hudson looked classy in her body-hugging white KaufmanFranco dress
- Model and actress Olga Fonda wore a beautiful short silver dress that had a plunging neckline and a glimpse of her sides.
- “Awkward” star Ashley Rickards looked amazing in her creamy skin-toned dress, and matching nude heels
- Actress Jessica Alba was glamorous and classy in her tight, white dress and white Casadei pumps
- “2 Broke Girls” actress Beth Behrs in a stunning asymmetrical black and white floor length gown
- “Vampire Diaries” actress Nina Dobrev chose a tight black Jenny Packham dress with beautiful embroidery
- Actress Sandra Bullock is always right on the money with her choice of gowns and this year was no different as she wore a bright floral dress
- Actress and beautiful young lady Loreto Peralta looked absolutely adorable in her colorful and age appropriate dress
- Actress Anna Faris killed it in her beaded ivory Naeem Khan pantsuit
Actresses who stepped out of the box with their choice of gowns:
- “Dancing With the Stars” pro Cheryl Burke in a shiny purple dress
- Actress Melissa Joan Hart wore a black and gold hi-lo dress that was definitely flashy
- “Awkward” actress Molly Tarlov might have had a pretty gown on but it was overshadowed by the black cape
- Fashion diva Heidi Klum wasn’t getting any fashion points with her black and silver Armani dress and Lorraine Schartz earrings
Actresses who should have chosen something different:
- “Glee” actress Naya Rivera fell flat with this black, white and nude Michael Kors dress
- “Bones” actress Emily Deschanel was a major dress mess with this nude and black ill-fitting dress
- Actress Sarah Michelle Gellar would have made the best-dressed list has she not worn the pointy heels with the black and white Sachin + Babi halter dress.
What do you think? Would you have put someone on a different list?
If you liked this article and want instant updates of all the celebrity stories, click the Subscribe button. To keep up with everything Kelly writes, follow her on Facebook and Twitter or connect on Pinterest. Find more by Kelly on her website.
©Kelly Cozzone, All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author. The first two sentences may be reposted with a link back to the original article.