The United States Army announced on Monday that it has begun to investigate former POW Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's desertion from a military base in Afghanistan and his subsequent capture by Islamists, according to the Department of Defense. Maj General Kenneth Dahl, a commander who served in Afghanistan, was named the lead investigator.
Sgt Bergdahl returned to the U.S. from a U.S. hospital in Germany on Friday after being held captive for five years by Islamist fighters. In spite of his being hailed as a war hero of sorts by President Barack Obama and his National Security Advisor, Susan Rice, a number of sources including members of Bergdahl's platoon came forward and decried his treatment by the Obama administration because he deserted his guard post and had more sympathy for the Islamic terrorists than for his own country.
The Pentagon previously believed Sgt. Bergdahl walked off base in Paktika province without authorization, but they have questioned if he intended to desert from the United States Army.
When Megyn Kelly of Fox News Channel spoke to six members of Sgt. Bergdahl’s platoon, they told her and her audience that they were forced to lie about how Bergdahl was captured by the Taliban. While Bergdahl’s entire platoon said the soldier deserted them, Obama's minions and sycophants continue to call the platoon "undisciplined liars."
"I hope that the Gen. Dahl will interview these six brave soldiers and take sworn statement from them. It's almost a sure thing that Obama's people will have coached him to tell a story that's favorable to Obama. After all, isn't that why this whole prisoner swap was conducted?" former U.S. Marine and New York police detective Theodore Lochman noted.
The 28-year-old Bergdahl was released by the Taliban after the Obama administration exchanged five of the most dangerous and high-ranking terrorists detained in Guantanamo Bay for the sergeant. The trade had created a firestorm criticism by many U.S. lawmakers, military veterans, and counterterrorism personal in military and police units.
In a press statement, the defense officials claimed that Maj. Gen. Dahl would be given evidence gathered in 2009 just after Bergdahl left his post and was allegedly captured by the enemy.
But according to Pentagon officials, Dahl and his investigation team won't be allowed to interview the former POW until officers and psychiatrists complete the three-phase reintegration program.
"We ask that everyone respect the time and privacy necessary to accomplish the objectives of the last phase of reintegration," the Pentagon said in its statement.