President Barack Obama's official inauguration took place on Jan. 20, 2013 and Pee-wee Herman posted a message of congratulations on his Facebook page, asking people to have respect for the re-elected president and to not be "partisan or political."
Pee-wee Herman is a fictional character created and portrayed by Paul Reubens. For those who remember his popular "word of the day" on his children's show that aired in the 1980s, perhaps today's word is "respect."
"Please everybody, I believe having respect for the elected president of our great country is not being partisan or political. I would wish whoever got elected congratulations." - Pee-wee Herman
President Barack Obama was officially sworn for his second term as president of the United States on Sunday. The public inauguration will take place on Monday, Jan. 21, 2013.
The official swearing-in ceremony was administered by Chief Justice John Roberts and was the 57th inauguration of a U.S. president.
After taking the constitutionally mandated oath at the White House on Sunday, President Obama exclaimed, "I did it!"
He then hugged his two daughters and his wife, Michelle. His daughter Sasha was overheard saying, "Good job, Daddy....you didn't mess up."
Depending on the party people support, there is always a mix of appreciation and disdain for the president who is sworn in to office.
Pee-wee Herman is hoping that some of his 743,000 followers on Facebook will respect that Obama was re-elected and keep the politics out of this important day of history.
Did his Pee-wee's message work? While over 3,900 people "liked" the post, there were over 400 comments and most of them weren't as supportive as Pee-wee had hoped.
- "That's not going to happen." - Matthew Mark Halley
- "Peewee, you'd be a better president than what he have. Cowboy Curtis would make a good VP for ya." - Andrew McHenry
- "Our duty as citizens is not just to lay down and accept and congratulate every dictator they shove down our throats!" - Angelique Teague
- "Obama's a faf, he shouldve never been elected as the president, now we are a corrupt nation with him in office." Matthew Johnson
Despite the anti-Obama comments, there were many Pee-wee fans who supported him in his attempt to keep the peace on Inauguration Day.
- "Thank you, Pee Wee, for being a true patriot. Please ignore the unpatriotic haters and lets celebrate democracy and how great the USA can be." - Debbie Cortez Lopez
- "I'm thrilled to be an Obama supporter and NOT a gun nut ! How dare ANYBODY tell Pee Wee to stay out of politics!" - Elizabeth Jackson Hethcoat
Read all of the comments on Pee-wee Herman's Facebook page here.