Feet are one of those taboo topics that most people would not like to delve into. The subject may even be uncomfortable and embarrassing if you neglect to maintain healthy looking feet. Below are some tips to give yourself a pedicure at home.
1. Clip and file your toenails to minimize the free edge. You want to maintain a shorter length for your toenails. Mistakenly, many women grow out their toenails the same way they grow out their fingernails. While, long fingernails elongate our fingers to make our hands appear longer and slimmer, the last thing you want is to grow out your toenails to make your toes & feet appear longer. Secondly, long toenails trap more dirt underneath them, this is also true for fingernails but we tend to scrub our hands more frequently than our feet.
2. Soak your feet. Soaking your feet in warm, soapy water will get rid of dirt on the top of your feet and loosen dirt between your toes and under your toenails. The warm water will also soften the skin, and relax tense muscles.
3. Use a Pumice Stone to slough away dead, hardened skin on the heels and balls of your feet to reveal softer skin.
4. Buff away the first layer of your toenails with a buffing block or nail file. This will exfoliate the yellow, dry, and damaged layer of the nail.
5. Moisturize. Rub a thick cream and wear clean cotton socks to let the lotion penetrate the stubborn skin.
6. Polish. Bright reds and corals will make your toes stand out and complete your pedicure