Peanut butter silk pie is a fantastic dessert to serve to company or bring to a party. Be sure to let everyone know there are peanuts in the recipe, to avoid any allergic reactions.
Peanut Butter Silk Pie
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream, beaten until stiff
1 prepared chocolate cookie-crumb crust
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons brewed coffee
Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Gently fold in half the beaten cream, then fold in remaining cream until blended.
- Spread filling in crust; smooth top.
- For topping, combine chocolate chips and coffee in microwave-proof bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Cool chocolate slightly, then pour over top of filling.
- Refrigerate pie 1 hour until chocolate is firm, then cover loosely and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts for garnish.
Cookie Crumb Crust
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 cups crushed cookies
- In a pie pan, melt butter.
- Stir crumbs in and blend well.
- Press against sides and bottom of pan.
- Bake until lightly browned.