Are you looking for an easy candy recipe for Valentines Day? If you are, you – and someone you love, are in for a treat. To make the gift candy really special, wait until the fudge is getting solid, scoop it up with an ice cream scoop, make a ball and put in tiny pink cupcake paper, heart ones!
You can make your V-Day honey some impressive candy with this recipe. It is as close to fool proof as a fudge recipe can be. Even if you have never had luck making any other fudge, don't give up; this is the one you can make!
Valentines Day Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1/2 cup milk (any milk fat content or water will work)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cooking spray
1. Spray a medium sauce pan, measuring cups, spoon and cake or pie pan with cooking spray. Or butter lightly.
2. Put milk and sugar in saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly over medium heat.
3. Allow to boil at least 1 to 3 minutes or until a soft ball forms in a glass of water. (with a spoon, drop a few drops of mixture into half a glass of cold water. Feel the mix in the water with your fingers, if it forms into a soft ball, the fudge is ready, if the ball doesn't hold together, cook another minute and test again. Repeat if needed)
4. When mixture forms a soft ball, add vanilla and stir quickly.
5. Now add peanut butter and beat quickly until the fudge loses its shine and begins to harden.
6. Pour into prepared pan.
7. Scrape out the mixture that is stuck in the pan onto a paper towel or plate (a coffee filter is great too). These fudge crumbs can be used as a topping for ice cream, pudding, cheese cake or just to sneak a nibble while everyone else waits for the candy to harden.
8. Slice as soon as the fudge is hard enough to hold a shape. Allow to cool before eating.
Note: If for some reason, it doesn't harden, either put back in pan and boil a minute or spoon it over ice cream.