Today’s feature is another healthy breakfast – Peanut Banana Bread. Loaded with whole grains, fruit and heart-healthy olive oil and peanuts, you can enjoy this fantastic bread for breakfast or as a snack. Easy-to-prepare and delicious, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite. So, go ahead – grab a cup of coffee and pair it with a slice of peanut-banana goodness! Healthy and joyous eating!
Peanut Banana Bread (Recipe courtesy Peanut Advisory Board)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup mashed, ripe bananas
- 1¾ cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped, unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream together the olive oil and sugar with a mixer.
- Add egg, egg whites, vanilla extract, and bananas. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, sift together whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Fold in the peanuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8½-inch by 4½-inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Calories: 320, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 210mg, Carbohydrate: 43g, Fiber: 5g, Protein: 9g, Yield: 8 servings