One bite of this peach crisp recipe and you will never be the same again! Tender, juicy peaches baked with a layer of delicious buttery crumbles makes for an amazing recipe indeed! This simple, yet remarkable dessert is something you will begin to crave! It’s an easy recipe that can be ready for the oven within minutes.
If your peaches are ripe, you can easily strip the peeling right off them. If the peelings are a little harder to remove, here’s an easy method that works every time:
- using the tip of a sharp knife, gently score an “X” on the bottom of each peach
- drop each peach separately into a pot of boiling water; let it boil for about 30 - 40 seconds
- remove the peach from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and immediately immerse it into a large bowl of ice water
- easily strip the peel from the peach (it will almost peel itself!)
As with every recipe – the quality of your ingredients makes a difference. Use real butter and real vanilla for the best taste and texture of this amazing recipe.
Peach Crisp Recipe
Ingredients for Peach Crisp:
- 4 – 5 large ripe peaches, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
Directions for making Peach Crisp:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a small baking dish (8x8 or a little smaller).
Layer the peaches evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle them evenly with the vanilla; then with the cinnamon.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, using a fork, stir together the melted butter, the sugar and flour until it forms crumbles. Distribute the butter mixture evenly over the peaches.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes or until the peaches are bubbly and the topping is golden brown. Remove and cool for about 30 – 45 minutes. This is delicious alone or served with ice cream.