The smell of a fresh baked pie is a welcome home call to all who walk through your front door. The entire house becomes engulfed with its tantalizing homemade scent. Autumn typically is the season when we all begin to ready ourselves with desserts for the upcoming holidays. A peach pie is light, fruity and a fabulous ending to any meal. So if you’ve had your fill of pumpkin for the time being and need a change in flavor this is the perfect pie to present the family at dessert time.
- 3 cups of sliced peaches
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons of flour
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 frozen pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the peaches, sugar, flour and cinnamon together.
- Mix or stir gently so not to bruise the fruit.
- Pour batter into an unbaked pie shell.
- Dab with butter over the top.
- Slowly pour or drizzle the milk over the filling in the pie plate.
- Place top crust over the filling.
- Crimp the edges of the pie crust down with fork.
- Put small cuts into the top of the pie crust or insert fork into top crust and puncture to allow the air to flow.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven and place on cooling rack.
- Always rinse peaches under cool running water prior to eating or preparing them for any recipe.
- If using fresh or organic peaches to make this peach pie you need to remove the peach skin.
- Pie may be eaten warm, at room temperature or chilled in the refrigerator.
- A scoop of ice cream on top of each slice will present itself as a more inviting peach pie a la mode.
National Peach Pie Day is celebrated each year on the twenty-fourth day of August!
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: