Paul Walker was well known for his Fast and Furious roles but many fans do not realize how many other films in which he starred. Many have become aware of his humanitarian efforts and warmhearted nature supported by reports that Walker died in a fiery car crash on the way to a charity event. Known as a great man and great actor, Paul Walker’s selfless efforts will remain in the hearts and minds of many.
The "Fast and Furious" films were not his only film roles. Take a look at ten movies that Paul Walker starred in that you may have seen in the past and not even realized!
- "Monster in the closet": This was a film released in 1986 in which Walker starred as “Professor” Bennett. It is a horror comedy and the entire film takes place in a closet. It often references homosexuality and was Walker’s very first movie role.
- "Pleasantville": Released in 1998, Walker starred alongside Tobey McGuire and Reese Witherspoon as a fellow named Skip Martin. His role was not major however this film won three Academy Awards.
- "The Skulls": This is a psychological thriller released in 2000 and Walker is on the front cover of its movie poster alongside Joshua Jackson (Dawson’s Creek and Fringe). He played the role of Lucas "Luke" McNamara; He stars as young man apart of a secret society called “The Skulls” who is manipulated by his father into believing he murdered someone. The movie did not get good reviews; specifically from Rotten Tomatoes who rated this film a nine percent.
- "Timeline": Released in 2003, this is a science fiction film that starred Gerard Butler, Walker, and Michael Sheen.
- "Into the Blue": in 2005, Walker graced this MGM film alongside Jessica Alba. The film mostly received negative reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and grossed forty-four million, eighteen million short of its forty million budget.
- "The Lazarus Project": In 2008 this thriller/drama was released and Paul Walker played the protagonist. This film received mixed ratings from Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Takers": This 2010 movie starred Idris Elba, Chris Brown, Matt Dillon and Jay Hernandez. With a budget of thirty-two million this film grossed over seventy million dollars.
- "Hours": On December 13th 2013, this film is set to be released in theaters and on video on demand simultaneously. This film was completed two weeks prior to Walker’s death.
- "Brick Mansions": This is set to be released in May of 2014 and is also considered one of his last films.
- "Random Acts of Violence": Unfortunately, the filming of this movie was not completed due to the actor’s untimely death.
Paul Walker was a great humanitarian and it seems as if he had a gentle soul and a great heart. His acting talents are quite apparent as he has been cast for these ten roles, the "Fast and Furious" roles and more. Subscribe above to get future updates on the release of this film and the others.
Check out some of Paul Walker's films at a local Miami Redbox location.