The world’s tallest professional basketball player, Paul “Tiny” Sturgess, will add 7-feet 8-inches to the Atlanta skyline when he leads the Harlem Globetrotters for two games on Saturday, March 16 – playing games at Philips Arena (1 p.m.) and The Arena at Gwinnett Center (7:30 p.m.).
Facts and figures about 7-8 Tiny Sturgess:
- Tiny was officially recognized on Nov. 17, 2011, by Guinness World Records as the World's Tallest Professional Basketball Player
- Born and raised in Loughborough, England
- Wears a size 20 shoe
- Grew a foot between the ages of 16 & 17
- Father is 6-9 and mother is only 5-5
- Excellent soccer player (or football as he would call it)
- Loves to play golf with his custom-made clubs and crushes 360-yard drives
- Played college basketball at Mountain State University in West Virginia (class of 2011)
- Helped Mountain State to two regional championships
- Made the dean’s list in college three times
- Enjoys swimming
- Wants to be a physiotherapist after his basketball career
Tickets are on sale now at www.harlemglobetrotters.com, www.ticketmaster.com, each arena box office, or by phone at 800-745-3000. Information on group and scout tickets can found by calling Philips Arena Group Sales at 866-715-1500, option 4 or The Arena at Gwinnett Center Group Sales at 770-813-7533.
Tiny will team up with Jonte “Too Tall” Hall, the shortest Globetrotter ever at 5-2. Other stars scheduled to play in Atlanta include Flight Time Lang, Special K Daley, and female star T-Time Brawner.*
For the first time ever, during the Globetrotters’ 2013 “You Write the Rules” World Tour, your family’s smiles will begin before you even get to the show. Fans will decide the rules for the game that could affect the final outcome. This could be anything from playing with two basketballs at once, to getting double the points for each basket made.
Go online with your kids to www.harlemglobetrotters.com to vote for which ground-breaking rule you want to see implemented in the game. Then, get your tickets, and see the winning rules in live action at the Globetrotters’ world championship game.
Sponsored by Howard Johnson Hotels, Wonderful Pistachios, Greyhound Lines, Spalding, and Russell Athletic, the Original Harlem Globetrotters are celebrating their 87th consecutive year, continuing a world famous tradition of ball handling wizardry, basketball artistry, and one-of-a-kind family entertainment that continues to thrill fans of all ages. Proud inductees of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, the Globetrotters have entertained hundreds of millions of fans—among them popes, kings, queens, and presidents—over more than eight thrilling decades. For the latest news and information about the Harlem Globetrotters, and to purchase tickets and team merchandise, visit the Globetrotters’ official Web site: www.harlemglobetrotters.com.
* Rosters may vary in each city and are subject to change.