Paul McCartney announced Wednesday he will be touring in 2013, beginning with a June 22 show at Poland National Stadium in Warsaw. Ticket details will be announced soon, the website said. The announcement of the new show confirms rumors early last month that McCartney would play Poland.
But the announcement said more shows are in the works. McCartney said he has retired the “On the Run” tour, which ran from 2011 through 2012. It also said McCartney and his band will be again touring throughout the world, “even visiting some places they've never been before.” It said more dates will be announced in coming weeks.
Recent rumors have had McCartney negotiating for shows in Brazil and South America. Nothing has been confirmed in either country yet or anywhere else, though this announcement of the new tour opens the gates for more to come.
Paul McCartney Examiner will have the first word of any new shows, so please subscribe (see button at top) so you 'll be alerted to all of our exclusive Beatles news stories and interviews. And please check out all our Beatles column pages at Beatles Examiner, Paul McCartney Examiner, George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner. Also, don't miss our new Monkees Examiner or our Vintage Rock n' Roll Examiner or TV on DVD Examiner columns. We have lots of bases covered and you'll want to keep up with all our news.
Copyright Steve Marinucci. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine and posting any of our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated. Please hit the “like” button on Facebook if you like our work.
We're also Steve Marinucci on Facebook and at Ufollow or Pinterest. And don't miss our weekly Beatles news podcast “Things We Said Today” available on iTunes, Podbean.com and Fab4Radio.com on the weekends.