Although it’s been way too long since our last cruise on the Paul Gauguin the memories of the ship as we sailed through the Tahitian islands is etched in our mind forever. Seeing this archipelago by ship is the only way to go with the scenery of verdant jungles, atolls and blue lagoons passing you by—which is why whenever we get the opportunity we hop a ship and make the voyage (and have done so to date about a dozen times).
If you’ve ever wanted to explore French Polynesia consider that going by ship eliminates having to pack and unpack your bags and head to airports to hop small planes to and from each island. Once you’re on the ship, you unpack once and let the captain steer you into ports where you can walk off and head to the beach, restaurant or on various cruise operated excursions.
And right now Paul Gauguin Cruises is tempting us back with a special fifth birthday celebration sale that includes savings of $600 to $3,400 per person off brochure fares on the m/s Paul Gauguin and m/v Tere Moana.
While we haven’t yet samples the Moana we can vouch for the merits of the Paul Gauguin which offers some of the best cuisine afloat, top service and smooth sailing.
Details of the sale, which includes roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles, include;
Climb aboard these Paul Gauguin voyages for fares from $4,295 per person :
- Tahiti & the Society Islands
- 7-night voyage: November 15, 2014
- Now from only $4,145 per person
- 7-night voyage: December 13, 2014
- Now from only $3,395 per person
- 7-night voyage: December 20, 2014 (Holiday Sailing)
Hop on one of these PG cruises for fares from $4,095 per person
- 7-night voyage: January 3, 2015
- Now from only $3,345 per person
- 7-night voyage: February 28, 2015
- Now from only $3,995 per person
- 7-night voyage: March 28, 2015
- Or do the Society Islands & Tuamotus on a 10-night voyage: February 4, 2015 for $4,245 per person and up; or Cook Islands & Society Islands 11-night voyage: November 22, 2014; January 24, 2015 with fares from $4,695 per person.
Aboard the Moana:
- Take a roundtrip 7-night Puerto Caldera cruise December 13, 2014 for $1,195 per person and up; or on December 20 for $2,995 and up for seven nights.
- Or go from Colon, Panama – Philipsburg, St. Maarten on an eight night journey on March 20 with fares from $2,645.
To book a cruise see a travel agent or all 1-800-848-6172, or visit www.pgcruises.com.