Rockford Memorial Hospital has a Patient Pre-Access - West that is active and full time for 80 hours per week. The hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, for this temporary position.
- The insurance verifier serves as the hospital's first contact for reimbursement issues from the point of registration.
- The insurance verifier obtains insurance coverage information, approvals of services from insurance companies.
- Collect referrals and authorization numbers.
- Communicates to the patient the hospital's policy on payment options when significant patient liabilities are identified.
- All communications are conducted in a manner that will result in positive patient relations and prompt reimbursement for the hospital's services.
- Other duties as assigned and overtime as requested and/or required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Post high school coursework in medical terminology preferred.
- One to two years of general office experience in admissions or patient accounting area or health insurance demonstrated through knowledge of medical terms, insurance coverages including commercial indemnity, commercial managed care, worker's compensation, Medicare and Medicaid.
Rockford Memorial Hospital, Human Resources, 2400 North Rockton Avenue, Rockford, IL 61103 (815) 971 - 5000