She began her sermon by saying, "We are servants." Then she posed a series of questions to the congregation:
- Will you partner with us to worship God?
- Will you partner with us to share Jesus and His wonderful love?
- Will you partner with us to fellowship with one another?
- Will you partner with us to serve one another and this community?
- Will you partner with us to give willingly of your resources?
- Will you partner with us to train continually in discipleship?
From the above six questions, the pastor concluded that we need each other to do kingdom work.
Then she explained what it means to serve.
Serving is an act of helping or doing work for someone. However, it has to be based on a foundation. According to the text, that foundation is love. If you can't serve, you can't love.
Service is expressed in action. Service is more than words. Pastor Paige said, "Stop talking and do something."
It was St. Francis of Assissi who said:, "Preach the gospel and if you have to, use words."
- We preach the gospel by serving.
- To follow Christ is to serve.
- To believe and trust is to serve.
- To be compassionate is to serve.
God has given everyone a gift, and we are to share that gift through serving.
The pastor concluded by saying, "Jesus came not to be served but to serve." Be willing to serve like Jesus and do it with love.