- According to Romans 8:31, "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Here Paul focuses on God's love for us rather than on our love for God.
- According to Romans 8:32, "God did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all, how will he not graciously give us all things?"
- According to Roman 8:33, "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen?"
- According to Romans 8:34, "Who then is the one who condemns?"
- According to Romans 8:35, 'Who shall separate us from the love of God?"
The answer to these questions is found in Romans 8:37, "In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."
Pastor Paige, like Paul, emphasized God's love for us rather than our love for God. Additionally, she said God chose us and God will not bring a charge against us. Even when we mess up, God doesn't stop loving us.
She pointed out that there are four "neithers" in Romans 8:38-39.
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Pastor Paige concluded that we should not just know our salvation is sure, but we should believe our salvation is sure.
Do you believe your salvation is sure?