Hearty, comforting meals can sometimes be heavy. Adding a side dish that is equally dense can weigh you down.
Serving up a lighter side dish with dinner that will provide the starch and carbohydrates you’re looking for without a heavy feeling when you get up from the table.
Germany is where the roots to Pennsylvania Dutch cooking got its start. There are lots of good home cooking recipes that have been enjoyed with a traditional lighter side dish. In 15 minutes you’ll have the perfect side ready to eat.
Try this egg noodle recipe next time you want to pass on the potatoes. They will complete the meal leaving everyone who dined feeling full and not stuffed.
- 1 (8 ounce) package of medium sized egg noodles
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 teaspoons of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain well and transfer noodles to a bowl.
- Cover the bowl to keep the noodles warm.
- In a medium sized saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat.
- Then add the caraway seeds and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until mixes well and just warm.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked egg noodles and serve immediately.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: