Looking for something great to do today with your kids? How about celebrating Earth Day at the same time? The Virginia Zoo is hosting a Party for the Planet today - Saturday, April 19, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. that features animal enrichment activities and e-cycling opportunities. The e-cycling helps you get rid of unwanted electronics safely.
It's a celebration of Earth and animals that will bring out your wild side, and provide information about conservation steps you can take to protect natural habitats locally and around the world.
Activities and exhibits will include informational presentations, animal enrichment activities and crafts at the Zoo Event Pavilion.
Watch keepers demonstrate the enrichment activities they use to promote our animals' social, mental and physical health and well-being.
Animal Enrichment Demo Schedule:
10:30 Sun Bear
11:15 Moon Bear
1:30 Red Panda
2:15 Aldabra Tortoise
Talk to environmental experts and learn how all life -- including humans -- effects the environment, the lives of other species and our lives, too.
The Zoo Event Pavilion will also feature performances by local folk artist Bob Zentz at 1:30 and 2:15 p.m.
NEW! - The Zoo is partnering with Goodwill to provide a convenient, free and tax-deductible way to properly dispose of old computers and electronics in the Zoo parking lot! Drop off your unwanted electronics and receive one free same-day admission to Party for the Planet! The following items will be accepted*:
• Desktop & laptop computers
• Cell phones & telephones
• Stereo equipment
• Power cords
• Monitors & flat screen TVs
• Game systems
• Circuit boards & components
All activities are included with admission:
• $11 Adults
• $9 Children (2-11)
• $10 Seniors (62+)
• Free for children under 2
• Free for Zoo members
It's an Earth Day celebration unlike any other!
Produce for the Feed the Elephants activity donated by: Whole Foods Market Virginia Beach E-cycling booth brought to you by: Goodwill
* Please note that e-cycling items must be dropped off at the Goodwill truck drive-through in the Zoo parking lot. Items will not be accepted at the ticket booth or inside the Zoo. Goodwill no longer accepts CRT televisions, but will still accept CRT computer monitors. Limit one free same-day admission per load of electronics; for example, if a family drops off a car-load of electronics, the driver would earn a free admission. The offer is for regular same-day admission only and may not be combined with any other offers or discounts, or saved for a future date. No cash value.
Enjoy this article? Receive email alerts when new articles are written by clicking on “Subscribe” near Sarah’s profile.