It didn't win any of the competitive categories, but the Parting Glass dished out the largest number of tasting samples in Saturday's 15th annual Chowderfest, part of the Saratoga Springs Winterfest.
Druthers, the new Broadway brew pub, and Seven Horse Pub, a perennial top contender, each took top honors in two different categories.
The category winners:
- Best Newcomer: Druthers
- Best On Broadway: Druthers
- Best Off Broadway: Seven Horse Pub
- Best Non-Downtown: Longfellows
- Best Dessert-Themed Chowder: Ben & Jerry’s
- Most Chowder Served: Parting Glass
- People's Choice: Seven Horse Pub
- People’s Choice (under 1,000 bowls served): The Local Pub
- Dog Chow Down Winner: Impressions of Saratoga
The next major city event is Saratoga Beer Week, which will encompass events at the City Center and various downtown venues February 19-23.