Jacques Bezuidenhout, bartender ambassador for Partida Tequila, created this twist on the classic French 75 cocktail for the holidays. The French 75 is usually made with simple syrup, lemon juice, gin, and Champagne. Here, Bezuidenhout uses tequila instead of gin and adds açaí liqueur for a Latin-inspired flavor.
This cocktail is perfect for a casual holiday get-together, but even when the holidays are over, it's a great cocktail for hosting a boozy weekend brunch with friends at home.
- 1 ¾ fl oz blanco tequila, preferably Partida
- 1 fl oz VeeV açaí liqueur
- ¾ fl oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 raspberries, plus more for garnish
- Champagne, as needed
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
1. Fill a highball glass with ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine the tequila, açaí liqueur, lemon juice, and raspberries with ice.
3. Shake and strain into the glass, and top with Champagne. Garnish with 2 raspberries and a lemon twist.