How can you promote your own business while supporting your community? Purchase a coupon advertisement in the second annual SHOP LOCAL coupon book, a fundraising project of Senior Services of Island County.
By participating in SHOP LOCAL you are helping to promote sustainability, doing your share to encourage Whidbey Island residents to ‘think local’ by purchasing goods and services from businesses in their local communities.
The SHOP LOCAL coupon book is patterned after a very successful project done in Whatcom County (Where The Locals Go Coupon Book), now in its 6th year of publication. Michelle Grandy, project manager, explains that “When businesses realize how much they get for their investment, they really hop on board. The book has gotten stronger with every succeeding year and now there is actually a waiting list of advertisers.”
Businesses featured in the SHOP LOCAL coupon book are independently owned by Whidbey Island merchants and professionals. The Coupon Book accomplishes several goals:
- Your logo and brand will be featured in 2,000 books;
- Your business coupon can bring you customers for a full year;
- You will have a great opportunity to attract potential new customers.
- Your ad will be marketed extensively throughout Whidbey Island;
- Residents of the Whidbey Island are encouraged to buy local and keep their money in the community.
- Coupon users save money when they make their local purchases.
- All proceeds from the sale of the Coupon Books go toward supporting the much-needed services offered by Senior Services of Island County.
The 4 x 6 glossy covered SHOP LOCAL coupon book will sell for $12. Coupons are good for a year. There will be 2000 books distributed Island-wide, just in time for the holiday season.
Coupon advertisers are encouraged to purchase their promotional coupons (featuring their logo, their special offer and their contact info) before August 31. Spotlight Sponsors can buy a “Spotlight” (four-color general presence ad) at any of four different levels, at varying prices. Spotlight sponsors will be featured again in the Senior Services Guide throughout 2013 (circulation 8,000), and on a dedicated web page. Their business names will also appear on all marketing materials.
Ad reservations are now on sale. If your business is in Clinton, Langley or Freeland, contact Gwendy Hastings at (360) 610-7726; or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If your business is located in Greenbank, Coupeville or Oak Harbor, contact Glenda Cantrell at (360) 720-2955 or email Glenda@islandseniorservices.org for more information.