The Small Business Administration (SBA) is celebrating National Small Business Week May 12-16 with events in San Francisco, Kansas City, Boston, and Washington, D.C. In addition to workshops at these locations, the SBA will be hosting webinars and online events.
National Small Business Week has been honoring America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners since 1963. While small businesses create two out of every three jobs in America, the SBA takes this opportunity each year to celebrate and highlight the impact small businesses make on our economy.
For anyone in Hawaii unable to fly out to event locations and are interested in joining in on the webinars and online events, here is a list of the webinars:
Monday, May 12, 2014
- Smart Small Business Travel: Strategic Ways to Increase Your Return on Travel, 10-11 a.m. Hawaii Standard Time (HST)
- Growing Your Business with Direct Mail, 12-1 p.m. HST
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
- Small Business: Big Benefits, 10-11 a.m. HST
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- Conduit Mobile Summit, 2-7 a.m. HST
- Achieving Big Customer Loyalty in a Small Business World: 10 Tips to Create A Killer Customer Loyalty Program, 9-10 a.m. HST
Thursday, May 15, 2014
- Practical Marketing – A Five-Step Marketing Program for Small Biz, 9-10 a.m. HST
2014 is also the year that SCORE celebrates its 50-year anniversary. SCORE is a non-profit organization where small business owners and entrepreneurs can find mentors, tools, counseling, and workshops to aid in their business with over 11,000 volunteers across the country.
Celebrate with the SBA and SCORE during this year’s National Small Business Week May 12-16. For more information regarding these events, please click here.