Therefore we do not become discouraged (utterly spiritless, exhausted, and wearied out through fear). Though our outer man is [progressively] decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day after day. - 2 Corinthians 4:16
Have you ever felt discouraged? I believe that each of us can fall prey to "feelings" of despair, despondency, and discouragement at some point in this life. Typically it is when we are out of balance and our focus is self directed and not God directed. At this point, dreams begin to fade, hopes begin to diminish, goals seem unattainable, and we loose clarity on our purpose and vision.
Gain Clarity and Focus!
According to dictionary.com, the word "focus" can be defined as "a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity.
Take a moment of self-reflection and ask yourself, am I self focused or God focused in my activities, my vision, and my life? Your power to choose the direction of your life allows you to reinvent yourself while powerfully influencing the rest of creation. Transformation beginning with your mind followed by a renewed spiritual focus strengthens your faith and cultivates passion.
We are on Part 2 of our "Vision Assessment" for your personal transformation. Today will provide awareness and insight into your Initiative and Focus for personal possibility and potential. As you embark on this five day journey, get in agreement with God for spiritual rejuvenation, mental transformation, and alignment with His ultimate vision for your life.
Transform the way your think and transform what you see!
3. Initiative activates your vision - you have to take the first step and allow God to meet you there. Eleanor Roosevelt said, "You must do the things you think you cannot do". As we step out in faith, even in fear, we gain clarity and perspective in the truth that all things are possible if we believe. Do you believe?
- Joshua 1:8 (AMP) This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good [a]success.
- Matthew 6:33 (AMP) But seek ([a]aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness ([b]His way of doing and being right), and then all these things[c]taken together will be given you besides.
- Romans 4:20-21: (NLT) Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. 21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises.
- Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
- Proverbs 16:3 New International Version (NIV) Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
- James 1:5 (AMP) If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of [a]the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.
- Proverbs 11:3 (CEV) If you do the right thing, honesty will be your guide. But if you are crooked, you will be trapped by your own dishonesty.
- Jeremiah 7:23 New International Version (NIV) but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you.
- Romans 12:21 New International Version (NIV) Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
4. Focus directs your vision - Staying true to God’s instructions despite all kinds of opposition will enable each of us to use our abilities and succeed in every task that lays ahead of us.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT) Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
- Ephesians 3:20 (NIV) Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
- Psalm 25:4-5 (NIV) Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
- Hebrews 13:6, 8 New International Version (NIV) So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
- 2 Corinthians 10:4-6 Amplified Bible (AMP) For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds, [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),
- Psalm 32:8 (NIV) I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
- John 16:13 (NIV) But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
- Proverbs 2:6 (NIV) For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
- 1 Corinthians 14:40 (NIV) But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.
Do you feel empowered to refocus what you believe to be true about your self and who you serve? I pray that you are encouraged and grow greatly over the next ten days with a renewed passion to transform your life. Please share your thoughts in the comments section below of what God has begun to do in your life as you commit to His vision for your life. Remember, your testimony liberates others and gives them power to walk into freedom!
Declare Fear is far from you and that your faith grows stronger and stronger each day. Declare that your faith in the miraculous power of God is growing stronger that you believe all that God has for you is done.
Father I thank you for the life changing power that you have given me through the transforming power of my tongue. Today I confess that my mind will be alert and that I will only use my tongue in ways that edify, encourage, and create on behalf of the Kingdom of the Almighty God. As a warrior and servant for the Almighty, all powerful God, I come against every force of the devil that would bring strife, contention, disputes, conflict, gossip, discord, division and dissention into my life and ask that you cause destructive demolishing winds to blow into the enemy’s camp that cause confusion so that no weapon formed against me shall prosper.
I choose to live a life of excellence; I cancel old unproductive habits, thinking patterns that violate the nature of Jesus Christ and declare that my mind is fertile ground for the word of God. I establish a brand new culture in my home that serves Jesus Christ; an environment that is purpose driven and operates in divine excellence. Let your word go forth this day in my life; thy Kingdom come, thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven in the name of Jesus Amen.
"PURCHASE" Simply Me: Taking Off the Mask Through Effectual Prayer, by Kerri Herndon today on Amazon to identify distortional thinking and thought patterns that are keeping you bondage. Learn powerful techniques to destroy strongholds and keep yourself accountable to the word of God.
“SUBSCRIBE” to the Sacramento Christian-Living-Examiner so you don’t miss any articles from Coach Kerri (Kerri Herndon).
"SUPPORT" need additional support with personal challenges? Send Coach Kerri an email for prayer counseling or life coaching.