French woman always appear to effortlessly look glamorous, stylish, and confident. You'll never see a woman in Paris dressed in jeans and a logo t-shirt. Or, running around the city in Yoga pants and a tank.
With just a few easy style tips, you too, can have that European flare.
- The most important point is the fit of your clothing. Having all of your pants and skirts tailored will immediately highlight your figure and make your outfits look as if they were made for you. "Pegging" skirts in can take pounds off and actually make you look taller.
- Neutral colors also look more expensive and stylish. They can also be mixed and matched with ease.
- If you are wearing jeans, make sure they are a dark wash skinny jean. Stay away from torn boyfriend style jeans which can look sloppy.
- Quality matters! Invest in just a few pieces of fine fabrics. Try a slim leg black wool pant mixed with a gray cashmere sweater, or crisp white blouse and leather jacket.
- Grooming matters. Make sure your nails, hair , and makeup are perfect. Short nails with a neutral polish work great along with a simple hairstyle. Try pulling your hair back into a quick French Twist or Chignon. Makeup should be very simply, just highlighting great skin. Try a light touch of foundation, a single neutral taupe eye shadow. one coat of mascara, a very light dusting of blush, and finish with a soft lipstick.
- Accessories like bold statement jewelry, incredible shoes, and a status handbag finish off the Parisian look.
Not to say that there is anything wrong with dressing American! But it is fun to try a new style.