Parisian chic is French fashion designer Isabel Marant known for her effortless Bohemian esthetic. Okay, tell me more.
Marant creates perfectly casual clothes for celebrities like model Kate Moss, actresses Sienna Miller and Kate Bosworth.
So, what are Marant's fashion secrets? The big reveal arrives as Fashion reporter Allison McNamara for PopSugar Fashion shares ten things you might not know about Isabel.
- 1. Isabel was born Isabelle but dropped the ending syllable in the fourth grade.
- 2. Her mom was a former model and director of Elite agency.
- 3. She has a crush on Malcolm McLaren
- 4. Her first fashion show was in 1995 in the courtyard of an abandoned building.
- 5. First big fashion and style hit? The studded biker boot inspired by Looney Toons.
- 6. Her husband is a fellow designer Jerome Dreyfuss.
- 7. She did her first retail collaboration with Anthropologie in 2006.
- 8. She thinks her ideal woman is Serge Gainsbourg. What? Gainsbourg is a man.
- 9. Isabel designed the wedge sneaker that started a fashion revolution.
And now for number ten, can we have a drum roll please?
- 10. Marant has multiple fashion lines. Yes, she's very busy designing clothes for children, another ready-to-wear line called, "Etoile," and that's ten things you probably didn't know about designer Isabel Marant.