Parise Rossignol has joined a very elite club.
Rossignol surpassed 2000 career points in her high school basketball career.
The Van Buren senior hit the 2000 mark, when she hit a jumper in the first quarter of the Crusaders game against Limestone Tuesday evening.
Rossignol fouled out in the fourth quarter and finished with 23 points in the Crusaders 61-52 loss to Limestone. She finished the evening with 2019 career points.
Rossignol has helped Van Buren start the season with a record of 3-1, including a victory over class D favorite Washburn.
She joins her dad and coach Matt Rossignol in the 2000 point club.
Rossgnol is the 16th player in Maine history and sixth girls basketball player to reach the magical mark.
Below is the full list of Maine high school basketball players to reach 2000 points.
- Cindy Blodgett- Lawrence
- Ray Alley- Vinalhaven
- Derek Counts- Oak Grove
- Matt Rossignol- Van Buren
- Jamie Jamison- Temple Christian
- Anita Belanger- Mattawamkeag
- Julie Bradstreet- Central Aroostook
- Stephanie Carter- Schenck
- Stella Waterman- New Gloucester
- Travis Magnusson- Georges Valley
- Jennifer LaRouche- Old Orchard Beach
- Doug Lisherness- Strong
- Laquette Johnson- Hyde
- Matt Oliver- Hodgdon
- Mitch Worcester- Washburn