When it comes to the morning rush, no one knows better than parents how hard it is to get a children up and moving. The rat run through life leaves little time for small people to lag behind. The saddest part of all this is that a child never asked to join in on this fast paced way of living, yet here they are running right along side all the adults.
There are times when adults are at the end of all wits and patience is but a thought not a practice. There are a few sure fire ways to help with the morning challenge to ready and hit the door on time.
Tips for making the morning easier.
1.Everyone’s clothes should be picked out ironed and placed in an easy to find location for morning. It is also good to place shoes or accessories with outfits.
2. If anyone takes a packed lunch, they should be packed the night before and ready to throw things from the fridge into with ease in the morning.
3. All bags packed, papers signed, and if possible loaded into the car the night before or by the door to grab and go.
4. No TV. The fact of the matter is that most Americans wake up and flip on the news or other morning television. The morning weather, news, and latest celebrity gossip is available 24 hours a day online or on the radio. Turning on the Television will only slow down little eyes and keep the pace from moving.
5. Have a breakfast plan. If the plan is cereal have the bowls and boxes ready to go for the morning. If the plan is breakfast bars, things that require cooking, or an apple; prepare for the time it takes to prepare, eat, and clean. The simpler the breakfast the quicker it can be handled.
6. TIdy up the night before so clutter and dirty dishes do not consume the morning tasks.
Set alarms. Not only is is an advantage to have an alarm to wake up with, but setting a second or third alarm for times such as when to have clothes/shoes on by or when to start loading the car is a much more efficient way than screaming at everyone.
7. Another less needed but super fun tip is to “rock it out” on an iHome or home stereo. Upbeat playlists with little down time will keep little feet moving and possibly even dancing the morning away. A family can make a game of the morning mix with everyone getting their turn to pick special songs or artists.
8. Keep it light. Even though parents are fast to lose composer at the littlest of incidents. Pre-planning can not fix every error a morning may find, but all the other recommendations set into place will make a little mishap an easy fix.
A tight schedule can lead to many fights and lots of stress; allow for little one adequate down time. Make sure that even though sleep deprivation and work loads are sitting high in every adults mind, that child only see their parents furry and disappointment. The stress alone can keep a child from moving at an acceptable morning pace.
To receive future articles by Bobbi Hammonds, scroll to the top of this article, and click on SUBSCRIBE. Your e-mail address will not be shared with anyone else. If you have a story idea I would love to hear from you. Please e-mail your ideas to me at BobbiHammonds@gmail.com