A number of folks with experience or knowledge of the paranormal world will take part in a fundraiser on October 20, 2013 to help restore the DeForest Pioneer Cemetery in Milton, Ontario.
The Southern Ontario Paranormal Society (SOPS), which has been in operation since 2005 and investigates sites both across Ontario and into the United States, will be hosting this event.
“Many good friends of mine within the paranormal and film industry have come together to donate their time and knowledge to guest speak for this even,” said SOPS founder and lead investigator Steve Genier.
Those who will be taking part include:
· Justin Villarreal, founder of the LCGH Research Group from Illinois. This group serves as a medium for those interested in learning more about paranormal subjects. Villarreal has been investigating and researching these topics since 1999. He also hosts weekly radio shows on Blog Talk Radio and Z-Talk Radio.
· Dave McRae is an independent filmmaker and professional voice artist. This Toronto resident has been heard on hundreds of commercials and shows such as Four Weddings Canada, The Real Housewives of Vancouver, Big Brother Canada and Restaurant Stakeout. Currently, he is working on a full-length film entitled Port Robinson Road, which is based on his real life experiences with the paranormal during his college days.
· Greg Newkirk is a documentary filmmaker and is currently producing Planet Weird about the strangest stories in North America. He is also a monster hunter and co-creator, as well as contributing editor of Who Forted? He can also be seen Fridays covering fringe topics and fortean news on The Week in Weird.
· Dana Newkirk is co-creator and a regular contributor for Who Forted? She is known as a former host of The Girly Ghost Hunters and the Life Channel series Magnificent Obsessions. She also co-hosts Planet Weird from the original web series called The Week in Weird.
· Richard Palmisano has been investigating the paranormal for over 20 years. He is founder of two companies, The Searcher Group, which forms the backbone of his research and The Canadian Institute of Parapsychology, a community based group offering education and assistance. His work has been featured on such shows as Northern Mysteries and Discovery Channel’s A Haunting. He has also written several books including Ghosts and Journeys into the Unknown, Ghosts of the Canadian National Exhibition and Ghosts: An Investigation into a True Canadian Haunting.
· Steven Rumbelow is a director of feature films, major stage productions, television episodes, music videos, commercials, television specials, dance and opera productions. This includes Beyond – The Series, a paranormal TV show, which aired from 2005 to 2007.
· David Farrant will be a part of this event via live video feed from the United Kingdom. He is author of a number of books and articles, as well as a leading psychic investigator. A well-known figure in the UK, he is also president of The British Psychic and Occult Society.
Steve Grenier and Alex Rondini, will be broadcasting live on Nocturnal Frequency Radio. SOPS has been in operation since 2005 and investigates sites both across Ontario and into the United States.
This fundraising event will run from noon to 4 p.m. at the Alexander Barn, Halton Museum, 5181 Kelso Road (in Kelso Park), Milton, Ontario. All proceeds from the fundraiser will go to any needed repairs within the cemetery.
For tickets or to make a donation, go HERE.