The legend of the skin-walker is a very interesting one, it's close the legend of the werewolf. So read some facts about this Native American legend.
- Native American tribes call the skin-walker an evil witch that can shift into an animal form.
- Skin-walkers generally turn into wolves, coyotes, and foxes but they can change into any animal form they want too.
- Skin-walkers can use mind control to harm their victims.
- They like to put curses on their victims by using hair or anything that they can get from their victims.
- One way someone becomes a skin-walker according to Navajo legend, is killing a close family member.
- Skin-walkers according in some legends are rarely caught but if they are, one must say their full name once their identity is found out, the creature will get sick and die three days later.
- Some legends believe that skin-walkers have the ability to steal the face of a person.
- Skin-walkers can read minds.
So those were eight facts about the myth of the skin-walker. There are many variations of stories just like the werewolf or any shape-shifting legend, so those were just some that were found while researching the legend.