February 17, 2014
This is a slightly disturbing myth, the story of Lamia. A name that is associated with cannibalistic and vampiric nature.
The paranormal facts:
- Lamia was a beautiful Queen in Libya, who ate her own children! But it was Hera who forced her according to most myths. Quite disturbing..
- Myths say that it was Hera who turned into the monster that devours children because Lamia was having an affair with Zeus.
- In some myths she has a serpent's tail.
- John Keats wrote a poem called, "Lamia."
- Lamia is associated with the vampire, in later myths the name Lamia became associated with being a young woman that seduced young men and drank their blood.
- Some Greek writers have said that she was the daughter of Poseidon.
- Instead of a tail, other legends say that all she has is a distorted face.
So those are just seven facts about the myth that surrounds Lamia.