The Crawfordsville monster may sound like a practical joke but nevertheless it’s kind of a creepy tale. Vincent Gaddis, who wrote in the article, “Indiana’s Sky Monster,” for Doubt Magazine had interviewed the older townspeople back in the 40s to hear if they really saw this creature and they said yes.
Anyway this monster is like a mix between the Mothman and an alien like creature. It’s something that the X-Files would have investigated. So here are some facts about this creature.
- The events took place in Crawfordsville, Indiana in 1891.
- The creature was identified as being 20 ft long and 8 ft wide. It was a headless oblong creature.
- First was seen in Sept. 5 and at the second sighting over 100 residents reported seeing the monster.
- Reports describe more in-depth as having flapping fins and one flaming eye.
- When the 100 residents saw the creature it was hovering at 300 ft. in the air. The first time it was seen, it was hovering at 100 ft. in the air.
- At the time the “Indianapolis Journal” wrote about the creature and called it an “apparition.”
- Supposedly when the strange thing swooped down, onlookers said that it had hot breath. (Sounds like a dragon type creature?)
Was this a hoax? Did these people really saw this strange apparition? In the 40s Gaddis tried to find out and he did get many stories from the ones that were there. So who really knows what happened on that day in 1891!
The Unexplained and Doubt Magazine