Were going way back to the Ancient times with the centaur. Here are some facts about this mythological creature that has been stomping for years in myths:
- It's a creature with the head, arms, and torso of a human and the legs of a horse.
- The centaurs according to one Greek myth were the children of Ixion and Nephele.
- Centaurs have been formed into art by Phidias and Michelangelo. Also many other artists have painted this mythological creature.
- Female centaurs are called Kentaurides.
- Russian folk art made their own myth of a centaur creature called the polkan.
- Centaurs are featured to be howdy creatures and have caused strife for the Lapiths.
- They tried to steal the bride at a Lapith wedding and that ended with a war and the Greek hero, Theseus had to step in.
- Centaurs were said to have lived in the the region of Magnesia and Mount Pelion in Thessaly, also in the forests in Elis, and in the Malean peninsula, which is located in southern Laconia.
- You don't want to give them alcohol, for their beastly sides come out.
So those are some weird facts about the legendary creature, the centaur.