Poltergeist activity is an extreme paranormal case that has been around for centuries. The earliest record has been around the 1st century. There are many famous cases associated with the poltergeist like the "Bell Witch," case, "Borley Rectory" case, and the famous German case, the "Rosenheim Poltergeist."
Below are six facts about poltergeists:
- The word poltergeist comes from the German words poltem and geist.
- Some cases last to a few hours to several months.
- Poltergeists throw things, scratch their victims, hit them, knock on doors/walls, and do other unnatural things.
- Some believe that poltergeists activity can be explained by psychokinesis.
- There is no visible paranormal entity, it's mostly comes about from psychological stress.
- Emotionally disturbed person can trigger activity.
- People in their preteens, teens, and 20s are prone to the activity.
So those are some facts that look at poltergeist activity. It seems that this 'ghostly' experience happens more because of the mind of people than it actually being a ghost of the deceased though that might not always be the case either. But whatever it is, it's a strange thing...