At one point or another we all have experienced something that cannot be explained. A bump in the night, a chill running across your body or an unexplained feeling of sadness or dread. Are these unexplained occurrences and feelings signs a location, object or person is haunted? Could be, which raises the following question: Why do locations become haunted? Let’s take a closer look.
Some of the most famous haunted locations are believed to have spirits left behind from a tragic accident or horrific murder. While other locations have never had anything tragic occur there, ghosts, spirits and paranormal entities are just drawn to the location.
Here are some of the most common reasons behind why a location, person or object become haunted:
- Personality of the ghost: Someone with a strong personality may leave an imprint at a location or on their favorite object.
- Personality of the living: Those who are light hearted and open minded are welcoming to ghosts who seek interaction with the living. Also, those with dark personalities and those suffering from depression also attract entities looking to cause harm.
- Age and history: The older a location the greater chances there is a lot of history, including horrific acts, which may leave a paranormal imprint on the building.
- Horrific events: Events such as abuse, murder, tragic fire or deadly accident can leave paranormal imprints on a location. This is why battlegrounds are some of the most haunted locations in the world.
- Comfort levels: Many ghosts who feel an attachment to a location, such as the home of their favorite sports team or theme parks, may return to continue enjoying a place they felt comfortable at when living.
- Unfinished business: Some ghost hunters believe spirits are unable to move on, especially if they died prematurely.
As you can see there are many reasons why a particular location, person or object can become haunted. Just like every person is different, so are ghosts and haunted locations. Not one haunting is like another. That is what makes this field so exciting!
To find out more about upcoming paranormal investigations, haunted hot spots and everything else related to the paranormal world visit my Facebook page and give it a “Like” - Treasure Coast Paranormal Travel Examiner - or click the “Subscribe” button at the top of the page. I am also on Twitter - @WDWTravelExam.
Please note: Some articles may include claims of paranormal activity, however, not all locations have been confirmed or investigated by the Treasure Coast Paranormal Travel Examiner. These locations may or may not be haunted and everyone will have different experiences.