Paramus High School deserved to be in the Bergen County Tournament.
This article is not stating that certain teams did not belong in the tournament. All 32 of the teams who were selected deserve to participate in the tournament because criteria was presented that proved they should belong in it. For that reason, Paramus should have also been allowed to participate because they had the same criteria, if not better than some of the teams in it. It is understandable that more than 32 teams are not able to participate. As a result, different criteria, or more criteria, should have been required so that there was clear reasoning behind why each team was included.
Paramus has a record of 4-7. There are many other teams in the tournament who also have a record under .500.
Details of Paramus High School's record is as follows:
12/20/13 - Lost to Indian Hills in overtime, 50-49.
- Indian Hills is seeded 15th with a record of 7-3
12/22/13 - Defeated St. Dominic's Academy, 43-29.
12/28/13 - Defeated Emerson, 43-33.
- Emerson is seeded 31st with a record of 4-3. *
12/28/13 - Defeated Waldwick,47-31.
12/30/13 - Lost to Rutherford, 45-44, when a player from Rutherford scored a last second three-point shot.
- Rutherford is seeded 21st with a record of 5-1. *
1/7/14 - Lost to Northern Highlands, 57-30.
- Northern Highlands is seeded 4th with a record of 9-3.
1/9/14 - Lost to Hackensack, 51-44
1/11/14 - Lost to Ridgewood, 42-24
- Ridgewood is seeded 11th with a record of 7-5.
1/13/14 - Lost to Ramapo, 27-24
- Ramapo is seeded 12th with a record of 5-1. *
1/16/14 - Defeated Holy Angels, 36-29
- Holy Angels is seeded 20th with a record of 4-7.
1/18/14 - Lost to Old Tappan, 53-31
- Old Tappan is seeded 13th with a record of 2-9.
*Record may not be updated if website has not been updated.