Pantip Plaza in the Ratchathewi district of Bangkok, Thailand, is the most well-known computer and technology store in Bangkok, and possibly all of Thailand. Situated in a five story building among Bangkok's wholesale fashion malls, Pantip Plaza has just about everything an IT-guru might want.
Everything from software, electronics, DVD's, cameras, mobile phones, laptops, and computer peripherals can be purchased at Pantip Plaza. There's also a food court on the second floor with pretty good Thai food and cheap beer if you're planning to make it a day of shopping at Pantip Plaza.
- Take a tuk-tuk or taxi to Pantip Plaza. While there's a parking garage adjacent to the complex, parking can be a headache in that particular part of Bangkok with traffic jams very common.
- Visit Platinum Fashion Mall and several other shopping centers close to Pantip Plaza. It's easy to make a full day of shopping in this area of Bangkok.
- Get a good BTS Skytrain map and take the high-speed train to Pantip Plaza. It's cheap and easy!
- If you take the BTS, get off at BTS Chidlom and walk about 15 minutes past Central World to Pantip Plaza.
- Unless you're looking for cellphones and cellphone accessories, start on the third floor. The computers and cameras begin on this floor.
- The second floor houses the notorious "pirate copies" of both software and DVD movies. The salespeople can be a little obnoxious trying to get you to buy a sex movie, but just ignore them if you're not interested.
- Consider visiting Pantip Plaza after 1 p.m. and well-before the complex closes at 9 p.m. And don't be afraid to negotiate for the best price possible.
- Also visit Central World, located near Pantip Plaza.
- For more information, see Bangkok Magazine and see what others have to say about Pantip Plaza.
- Also consider shopping at the Platinum Fashion Mall. It's well-known for women's clothing at incredible prices.
604/3 Ratchathewi Road
Bangkok, Thailand 10400
Phone: 66 2 250 1555
Open: 10:00 a.m. to 21:00 p.m.
Tripadvisor provides excellent reviews of Pantip Plaza and lets you see comments by others who've visited the store.
Maui is one of the most popular islands to visit, and Lahaina Town on the west side of the island is a great place for casual walking and shopping in a historic district. Plan a day trip to Lanai and visit another island. The largest and most populated island is Oahu, with the touristy Waikiki area hosting the majority of island hotels and resorts.
Southeast Asia Information